- A Shakuhachi Master since 2013 with the name Seiyu 聖 優 (Holy Kindness) given by Fukuda Teruhisa. My main activities are:
I used to be…
- A Professional flutist since 1987 playing classical and contemporary music, then expanding my repertoire to world flutes until I met the Japanese flute shakuhachi in which I specialised.
- As a flutist I performed with many people in various formations: with piano, guitar, harp, oboe, clarinet, string trio, string quartet, chamber orchestra, symphonic orchestra, etc. I recorded several CDs for children and even wrote my own show using 12 different flutes. My last collaboration as a flutist was with the group of Brazilian music “Tia Mangola” in 2016… digital CD coming soon! (maybe…)
- An Author of shows for children, poems, short stories… I collaborated with composers, published a book for children and wrote two shows for orchestra and comedian.
- A Musicologist giving presentations about classical music and writing program notes.
- An Orchestra Librarian in a top orchestra in Paris (France) working with famous conductors, soloists and composers (Ch. Eschenbach, C.M. Giulini, E.-P. Salonen, P. Boulez, F. Brüggen, J. Semkov, Yo-Yo Ma, M. Rostropovitch, P. Dusapin, M. Lindberg… to give a few names).
What makes me happy…
- Duo Satsuzen with the flutist Catherine Balmer-Magnin
- Composing for shakuhachi
- Playing shakuhachi in nature (also in concert halls!!)
- Various hobbies (birdwatching, bird photography, yoga, gardening, being in nature, reading, cooking, crochet, embroidery, boardgames,…)
Where you can find me… follow, like and support me…
- Insight Timer
- Digital Platforms (Spotify, Deezer, Apple music, Amazon, etc.)
Contact me here!